Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Update

Hi Everyone,

Since my previous two lengthy posts regarding my situation with RL, a gentleman from RL took the time to privately contact me and together we worked out some sort of mutual understanding regarding what had happened in the past. Hopefully both sides can build on this and learn from this experience so that it doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

It's hard sometimes when you're involved in an incident like mine NOT to throw insults back and forth. It happened on both sides. That's what happens when reputations are threatened and accusations fly when all the information isn't quite out there. Sometimes the best thing to do is just sit down and sort everything out first. I know that's hard to do over the internet and often it is the factor of 'time' that sorts these issues out. Am I sorry about what happened? Of course. Am I sorry about how I acted? Not really. I don't know what else I could of done. Maybe I could of just ignored it all, but I'm the type of person that will stand up for myself and not allow myself to get mowed down by others. Again, it's just how I was brought up and how I come 'wired'. It bothers me more to ignore something than to say something, even if it's a sentence. It seems like all the great historical figures were the ones that chose NOT to ignore injustices that they saw or were put against them. I'm not trying to compare this event to anything like that or myself to MLK Jr., George Washington, or anyone else...but I believe saying something and making your opinion known is the only way you might be able to generate change. Ignoring a problem won't do anything.

Anyway, that something for you guys to chew on next time you get into any 'discussions' with someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment